I was really surprised on Friday to get a message from runningfifty.com that they had mentioned Skinny Running and nominated it for the Liebster Award!
So there are 6 rules that I will do my very best to follow. I am not such a good rule-follower. I am more of a rule-bender. So there are 11 questions that Running Fifty have asked me to answer so here we go:
- What is an accomplishment that you are proud of?
I am really proud of starting to run and sticking with it. I am the queen of starting something and quitting a couple weeks later or as soon as it gets difficult, especially when it comes to health-related issues. Sticking with running every week since March is a huge accomplishment.
2. Where would you choose to live if you did not have any restrictions on where you were?
If I could choose any place to live it would be a lot of places. I think my dream is to live in a city for a year and then move to another place. I’d like to live in Copenhagen, Madrid, Vancouver, Goa, Sydney, there are too many to list!
3. Have you crossed something off your bucket list? If so, what and if not, tell us something that is still on your list.
When I was in university I went sky-diving. It was the single most exhilarating and terrifying experience of my life. I will never do it again, but I am glad I did it.
4. If you could time travel, would you choose to live in a different time? When?
There is something about post-WWII Paris in the 1950s that attracts me. It was home to so many influential writers of the 20th century. I guess I really want to be a writer and it would have been amazing to live then.
5. What was a favorite childhood book?
I loved the original Boxcar Children. There was something so tragic and uplifting about the life they had in the book. It was about finding your own way and relying on your family to survive.
6. Can you speak a second language? If so, what and if not, which language would you like to be able to speak?
Sometimes I feel so lucky to speak English as my first language because I am utter crap at languages. I have tried to learn a handful of languages in school and afterwards and it has always been a huge failure; French, Spanish, Arabic, etc. I am so bad I dare not say I want to try another one.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I always liked Halloween growing up. The idea of wearing a costume and getting free candy is always appealing. I would do it now if it was socially acceptable. Who doesn’t love free candy?
8. What would a perfect vacation be?
Any vacation where I am with my hubby and we are eating good food and exploring a new place. The most important part of a holiday is the food in my book.
9. Do you have a recipe that you are famous for making?
I make really good home-made pizza. I cook it for everyone and they all love it. My favorite is with baby spinach.
10. What blog post are you most proud of?
I think my first blog post is the one I am most proud of because it is embarrassingly honest and it was around then that I had my epiphany about my weight and working out. It was the moment that I was truly honest with myself.
11.Who inspires or inspired you?
Any strong woman inspires me. Any woman who goes after what they want – be it work, family, health, etc. – and does their best to achieve it is inspiring.
That was a lot of questions! So, here are the blogs I follow that I nominate. I hope you find some blogs on here that are new to you that you can explore in the future.
And these are the 11 questions I hope these bloggers will answer:
- If you could be any age, what age would that be?
- What’s your favorite word? Least favorite?
- If you could brainwash anybody, who would it be?
- What has been your greatest challenge?
- What is your number 1 goal for the future?
- If you could get a drink with anyone – alive or dead – who would it be? What would you drink?
- If money was no object, how would you spend your days?
- What’s your favorite book? Film?
- What’s the best gift you have ever received?
- What TV character are you most like?
- I will also ask a question posed to me. What blog post are you most proud of?