Thanks to Mom, Miles, and Mishaps for tagging me to do this Q & A: Running Edition
So, let’s get started:
- Would you rather run along a beach path or a mountain trail?
I have never done either, but I’ll admit that I always wonder if you get sand in your running shoes while running on the beach. Similarly, the whole idea of a mountain trail immediately suggests that running inclines is in the immediate future. So, it’s really a question of do I hate sand or hills more…. I guess you’d find me at the beach on this one.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I haven’t had Gatorade since I played soccer at the age of 12. I always liked the red Gatorade, but I didn’t even realize there was a distinct flavor. I just liked the fact that it gave us little red mustaches after drinking so much of it.
3. If you given a $100 git card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
Okay, this one is pretty easy. I’d buy a new pair of Asics Gel-Nimbus. I love these shoes and I haven’t found anything that compares.
4. Do you prefer to use a training plan or wake up and then decide how far or fast you want to run?
I most definitely use a training plan. I’m too much of a beginner to have many options than that at this point. But, I love reading/hearing about others having different runs every day. I just do what’s on the program.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end with the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Do there have to be hills?!?!… Just thinking about hills makes me wanna curl up and hide. Who said running couldn’t be a flat sport? Who over-complicated it with adding hills? Anyway, I like to get the tough bits out of the way first so sign me up for hills first and enjoying the glory of a downhill at the end.
6. When you can’t run, what kind of cross-training do you choose to do?
Ummmm…… is sitting on the sofa cross-training?
7. What is your preference –> out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
As long as there are things or people to look at I’m not so picky. I guess point to point would be ideal. Looking at new things is more interesting than looking at the same thing on a small loop.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner it would be?
Find a running buddy. It’s free and motivates you to run. Plus it’s way harder to skip a run if someone is waiting on you.
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Do wild children count?…. Kidding… Our park has park cats that live there. We often end our walks playing with kittens and pointing them out to each other as we run along.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
No, but now that has just become an irrational fear of mine.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would it be?
Beef stir fry with onions and red peppers, don’t forget the noodles.
12. Capris or short? What do you run in most?
Capris that go to the ankle… so pants.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
It’s minute 7 every time. I try to hang on to that feeling for dear life.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Let my husband hold it. But, he slides it into his mp3 armband.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one?
Never did a race so the first one should be pretty exciting.
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
Runs with 80% humidity and no wind.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start?
We walk out the front door and walk 15 minutes to the park and run.
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I hate sunglasses. Hats all the way.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
My husband who is pounding the pavement next to me, as well as the idea that I want to keep getting fit and losing my jelly belly.
Tag you’re it!! I hope the people below will answer these questions, too.